This article is all about “how to make pink lips cream” that will give you those pouty, rosy looking lips. The recipe is very simple and easy to follow. With just few ingredients, you can get the look of your favorite celebrities in no time! Read on for more information about this great beauty product.
Do you want to know how to make your lips pink naturally? How about making a DIY project that will save you money and also have some fun while doing it? You’ll find everything you need in this article. What is the process of making a pink lips cream, and what are the benefits of having pink lips? How can I make my lips pink naturally – This article will provide answers to these questions and more!
Pink lips are a totally natural and achievable look, but often not within the budget of most people. However, with these DIY projects you can make your own lip balm for an affordable price that will give you pink lips in without having to spend all day slathering on lipstick!
Benefits of making your own pink lips cream
Why should you make your own pink lips cream instead of buying from the market?
- You can get a custom color and finish that suits you. How many people want to wear bright yellow lipstick or frosty white lip gloss? How about a glossy red with a satin finish? Want to match it up with some deep purple eye shadow?
- It can be a healthier alternative. Lip gloss often contains ingredients like sugar, butter, and oils that may not agree with your skin or hair type. How many of us have had the problem of our lip balm wearing away to reveal dry patches on our lips because it has an ingredient in it we’re allergic to? Or many people have had a reaction to ingredients in lip gloss, like the kind with SPF? How many of us know that petroleum jelly is often an ingredient in lip balm, and it can be difficult for some people’s bodies to break down.
- You save money by making your own makeup products instead of spending $20+ on one tube of lip gloss.
- You know exactly what is in your makeup products and can make sure they are safe for you to use, without any synthetic ingredients or fragrances that may be questionable. How many people have had a reaction to the kind with SPF? How often do we see “natural” cosmetics that contain chemical preservatives?
Read also: How To Make Zobo Drink in 30 Minutes?
Why is this DIY projects a great way to save Money?
Why is this DIY projects a great way to save money? How will this DIY pink lips cream save your money?
- Making your own DIY project can help you to lower the cost of buying retail products. In addition, when you make your own version of the product, you have more control over what ingredients are used. This may benefit sensitive skin types or those with allergies
- How will this DIY pink lips cream save your money: With the onset of cold weather, many people are looking for ways to keep their skin moisturized. This DIY project can help you create a product that does just that and is perfect for sensitive skin types or allergic individuals at an affordable price point.
What are the recipe for pink lips cream?
Ingredients used in making pink lips cream
This is a list of ingredients for the recipe: Paraffin wax (vaseline recommended), granulated white sugar, natural honey, lemon juice, rose petals, red eye shadow, Colgate toothpaste. Let discuss some of them.
Vaseline is a petroleum jelly that locks in moisture from the skin to keep the skin restored, soft and smooth. Vaseline majority acts as a moisturizer for the skin. It prevents it from getting dry, especially in the winter or harmattan season where your lips will be dried up. In fact, if you just keep on applying vaseline on your lips daily even without adding anything else, your lips will turn pink with due time.
Sugar does a lot of things to your skin which can also helps you get pink lips.
First, it makes your skin softer. Sugar is a natural humectant, which means it draws moisture from the environment and locks it into the skin. By applying products with sugar or sugar derivatives, your skin stays moisturized and smooth.
Secondly, Sugar can be one of the most effective ingredients when you are trying to lighten your skin; the granules help to exfoliate and cleanse skin, while opening pores for moisture. Mixed properly, sugar can lighten and soften your skin after just a few applications and can likewise makes your lips pink.
Honey, where sugar is gotten from is also a humectant which helps your skin absorb and retain moisture and keeping it from drying out. Honey is packed with natural antioxidants and anti-microbial properties which help protect, repair and prevent skin damage. Honey is also quite calming to the skin.
Honey has skin brightening properties and also lends a healthy moisturised glow to the face after usage. Honey is good to treat dry skin but also works extremely well in treating oily, acne-prone and combination skin types as well. It a highly recommended ingredient in making a pink lips cream.
lemon juice is an Antioxidant. Lemon juice naturally contains vitamin C, an antioxidant that may help reduce skin damage and premature aging. Astringent qualities. Due to its high pH levels, lemon can decrease oil on the skin and reduce inflammation.
Also, you can use lemon juice to lighten your skin. This is due to the high concentration of vitamin C, which is a powerful antioxidant. This means a humble lemon can be used to treat acne damage, dark spots, freckles and other forms of hyperpigmentation. Equally important, he vitamin C in lemon juice lightens skin by reducing melanin. It can also contribute in whitening the black areas of your lips to make your lips pink.
Colgate is used for teeth whitening and it contains active ingredient which also helps to remove black spots from skin. Hence, it can also prove helpful when trying to make your lips pink.
How to make pink lips cream: step by step guide
Below are 5 different methods you can use to make pink lips balm at home. You can select any method that is best for you depending on your budget or it ingredients. Moreover, many of the ingredients used here are just normal home products that can be gotten anywhere easily.
The following methods will include:
- How to make pink lips cream with vaseline
- How to make pink lips cream with toothpaste
- How to make pink lips cream with lemon juice
- How to make pink lips cream with carotone
- How to make pink lips cream with strawberries
How to make pink lips balm with vaseline
Ingredients and materials needed: Vaseline, red eye shadow, Honey, small box, stainless container, spoon.
Steps on how to make pink lips cream with vaseline:
- Step one: Use a spoon to empty some desired quantity of the vaseline into a stainless container (quantity of vaseline will depend on the amount of balm you want)
- Step two Put it on a low flame stove or in a micro-oven and stir gently until the solid paraffin melt completely into a liquid.
- Step three: Add some red colour eye shadow and mix it well until the mixture turns red.
- Step four: Then add one teaspoon honey to the mixture and mix it well together
- Step five: Close the box and Keep it inside a freezer for one day (24hours)
- Step six: Your homemade pink lips balm is now ready for use.
HOW TO USE IT: You can apply it every morning or night on your lips and then leave for an hour. Let proceed to the next method on how to make pink lips cream with toothpaste.
Watch the short YouTube video below.
How to make pink lips cream with toothpaste (Colgate)
INGREDIENTS AND MATERIALS NEEDED : Colgate toothpaste, white granulated sugar, toothbrush, glass or any stainless container, spoon.
STEPS ON HOW TO MAKE PINK LIPS BALM WITH COLGATE TOOTHPASTE:
- Step one: Add one teaspoon of Colgate to a glass container
- Step two: Add two teaspoon of white granulated sugar
- Step three: Mix them well gently
- Step four: That’s all. Your pink lips balm is ready for use.
HOW TO USE IT: Apply some paste of the mixture on a toothbrush and thoroughly rub it on your lips every morning or evening for about 2 weeks. But be careful not to use a very hard toothbrush, to avoid damaging your lips.
What the short video below.
How to make pink lips cream with lemon juice
INGREDIENTS AND MATERIALS NEEDED: lemon juice, white granulated sugar, rose petals, 2 containers.
STEPS ON HOW TO MAKE PINK LIPS CREAM WITH LEMON JUICE:
- Step one: Cut the lemon into two equal halves and extract the juice contents from the lemon into a container.
- Step two: Add two teaspoon of white granulated sugar and stir to dissolve the sugar
- Step three: Cut some rose petals into small pieces and add few to the mixture
- Step four: Then grind them into a smooth mixture. Make sure they are no sugar granules or roses pieces left. The mixture must be completely smooth and mixed up.
- Step five: Your homemade pink lips cream is complete and ready for use.
HOW TO USE IT: Apply it daily every morning or night before going to bed. Just apply few drops and massage gently to your lips and allow for some hours before washing it off.
Now watch the video below
How to make pink lips cream with carotone
This method is mostly for Nigerians. If you are a Nigerian, then no doubt that you’re well acquainted with the carotone cream. It is a very well known and popular cream used by both men and women.
However, you’re looking for a very simple option of having a pink lips, then this method is for you. You don’t have to mix anything or add any ingredients. It consists of active ingredients which helps in renewing your skin, giving you an even tone and smoother youthful complexion.
- Step one: Wash your lips thoroughly with clean water and pat dry. You can use toothbrush to gently scrub it.
- Step two: Take a little portion of carotone cream from your fingertips and apply on all angles on your lips.
- Step three: Massage, till it is absorbed by the lips and vanishes away.
- Step five: Make sure you apply it daily after washing your lips and face thoroughly.
- Step six: It is more effective during the night.
- Step seven: So, apply it before you sign off for the night.
- Step eight: Give it a time of 3 weeks, it will start to show it’s effective
How to make pink lips balm with organic strawberries
- Combine organic strawberries with stems on them so they last longer.
- Put aside for about 20 minutes before stirring together all ingredients well – this will give the strawberry flavor time to infuse into the other flavors.
- Add two tablespoons of lemon juice to the strawberries for a little zest.
- Microwave them until they are soft and plump, about 20-30 seconds depending on how large they are.
- Let cool down a little before adding in the other ingredients.
- Add about a tablespoon of raw honey to your mixture. Stir together until well combined and it will naturally turn into a thick paste that is beige-pink hue .
What are the side effects of pink lips balms?
It a good question to ask about the possible side effects of using the ingredients listed in this posts. But there’s nothing to worry about. There is no side effects of using any of these ingredientas far as you’re using them on your lips and also following the guidelines correctly. Secondly, 90% of the ingredients in this article are natural and organic combinations, therefore they have no side effects.
Disclaimer: The contents on this site is provided as an information guide only. They are intended to enhance public access to information about Education and other Endeavors. While every effort is made in preparing good information, no responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of this site for any errors, omissions or misleading statements. Although every effort is made to ensure the reliability of this site.