You will discover the salaries of the Nigerian army after reading this article.
However, the Nigerian army earns a little amount of money every month mostly for undergraduate applicants.
This is due to the fact that they have no professional skills.
In fact, the undergraduate recruiters are the ones that fight for the crisis of the country especially the Boko Haram insurgency.
If you are planning to join the Nigerian Army one day.
It will be better you know what you will be paid or what your relative in the army are earning per month.
However, the Nigerian army is paid according to their ranks in the military.
For instance, a Sergeant earns N68,000 a month while major earns N300,000 every month.
You might be thinking that they earn more than this every month base on the belief of many people.
However, this are the people that risk they live for the security of the nation.
Besides, let see their ranking structures and what the Nigerian army earns a salary per month.
Nigerian Army Ranking
You will be glad to know that the Nigeran army ranks are categories into two different types.
Here are the two categories of the Nigerian Army;
- Commissioned officers
- Non-commissioned officers
However, for the commissioned officers, they are regarded as senior officers in the armed forces.
These are the people that join the military armed forces with degrees, professional certificate or direct from the Nigerian Defense Academy.
Most of them are with B.Sc, B.A, M.Sc, and even P.hD holders.
Besides, the majority of the commissioned officers are recruiting to the armed force through direct short service.
While the non-commissioned officers are the ones you can call junior officers.
They are ones who yes sir very often.
However, these are the people that join the Nigerian Army force through Massive recruitment.
Most of them are secondary school graduates or National Diploma holders.
Nevertheless, we will still inform you what are the requirement of joining the Nigerian Army in this article.
Salaries of The Nigerian Army 2021
Here are the Salaries structures of the Nigerian Army 2021;
- Recruit (No salary at this rank)
- Private Soldier earns approximately N48,000 to N49,000
- Lance-Corporal earns approximately N54,000 to N55,000
- Corporal earns N58,000
- Sergeant earns N63,000
- Staff Sergeant earns N68,000
- Warrant Officer Class 1 earns N80,000
- Warrant Officer Class 2 earns N90,000
- The second Lieutenant earns N120,000
- Lieutenant earns N180,000
- Captain earns N220,000
- Major earns N300,000
- Lt. Colonel earns N350,000
- Colonel earns N550,000
- Brigadier Generalearns N750,000
- Major General earns N950,000
- Lt. General earns N1 million
- General earn N1.5 million
- Field Marshal (Salary is unknown)
Nigerian Non-commission Ranks
As we have early said before, the Nigerian army ranks are in two categories.
Here are the ranks in non-commission categories of the Nigerian Army;
- Private Soldier
- Staff Sergeant
- Warrant Officer Class 2
- Warrant Officer Class 1
This are mainly the people who join the Nigerian Army through Massive Recruitment.
However, most of them are the SSCE, WACE, Primary 6, Trade test or OND holders.
Nigerian Commission Ranks
Here are the ranks for commission categories of the Nigerian Army;
- Second Lieutenant
- Lieutenant Colonel
- Brigadier General
- Major General
- Lieutenant General
- Field Marshal
What are the Functions of the Nigerian Army?
If you wish to join the Nigerian Army and receive the above salaries of the Nigerian Army.
Here are what you need to know about the function of the Nigerian Army;
- Your duties will be to safeguard the country against any kind of external aggression.
- You are to promote the interest of your fellow citizens and the nation.
- Maintaining the country territorial integrity
- You are to securing the Nigeria borders from trespassing on land, sea, or air.
- Overcome insurrection.
- You are to represent in aid of civic officials and restore order when called upon.
- You will be answerable to the President but subject to such conditions as may be commanded by an Act of the National Assembly.
- Perform such other functions as may be directed by an act of the National Assembly.
What is the Requirement to join the Nigerian Army in 2021?
For you to join the Nigerian Army and earn the above mentioning salaries in the Nigerian Army.
Here are a brief summary of the requirement you need to faithful in other to join the Nigerian army through recruitment.
- You must be of Nigerian origin by birth.
- Your age must be between 18 to 22 years before you can submit your application.
- You must show proof of physical and mental fit tender by a registered doctor or hospital in Nigeria.
- Your height must not be below 1.65m (for men).
- If you are a woman then your hight must be 1.56m.
- You must have not been charged or convicted of any crime before.
- You are to complete an online form and submit the print-out at your screening venue.
- The date of screening will be com
To Sum it Up
Earning the above mention salaries of the Nigerian Army is not easy even when it is too small.
However, the competition for employment into the Nigerian Army is high and continue increasing every year.
You are advised to stay aware of the scam.
And any individuals who promise to offer you a job in the Nigerian Army.
Nevertheless, the Nigerian army is the largest armed forces in Nigeria but not the highest-paid armed forces in Nigeria.
Besides, all the Nigerian army employees are subject to the chief of Army staff who’s salary is the highest-paid in the Nigerian Army.
Do let us know what you think about the Salaries of the Nigerian Army in the comment.
And if you have any questions, we will be glad to answer you still down in the comment.
Recommended for you
- Salaries of Lecturers in Nigeria: Monthly and Yearly Structure
- Prices of Foodstuffs in Nigeria
- How To Become a Millionaire before the Age of 30?
- An Island in Greece That is Willing to Pay You To Move-In.
- Which State is The Poorest in Nigeria?
- Top 10 Most Expensive Place in Lagos, Nigeria [Latest]
- Cleanest State in Nigeria – Top 5 + [Photos]
Image source: mysalaryscale.com