Do you want to write for us and get paid?
Are you a talented, skilled, and experienced writer?
Then here is an opportunity for you to work with us and get paid.
The Good News is that we’re now accepting writers on this blog.
But first, we thank you for showing interest to write for ThingsToKnow.com.ng.
We’ll be using this page to inform you about how we hire writers on this blog.
As a blog, we have the categories we’re focusing on and we ONLY accept articles related to those categories.
On this page, you’ll learn about what kind of articles we accept and how you can be part of us.
If you’re ready, let start with our blog categories.
Thingstoknow publishes articles on the following categories for now but we hope to add more categories in the future.
- Top 10 (fact): We publish the top 10 listings on this category from cars, houses, places, things, people, and more.
- Celebrities Net worth: Net worth of musicians, bloggers, footballers, comedian, pastors, businessmen, politicians, and more.
- Cooking: This category is for cooks and food lovers who want to learn how to cook or prepare particular meals and related guides.
- Guides: Anythings that has to do with how to’s including tech, internet, devices, and more.
- Business: If you can write a good article for people that want to start a business or know more business teams, then this is your category.
- Relationship Advice: Any advice related to dating and marriage.
- Nigerian Prices: We want our readers to know the Nigerian price of foodstuff, electronics, cars, and more.
- Nigerian Salaries: We all know that Nigeria has its own way of paying workers in a different profession, that what this category is all about.
Guideline to Writers
As a writer that wants us to hire you, here is the guideline to work with us.
- You must love writing and researching.
- Be older than 15 years.
- Write only original, unique, and relevant to the topic.
- Avoid any grammatical errors when writing (install Grammarly Chrome Extension on your device to check errors.)
- Write with Passive voice in connection with transition words.
- The article should be a minimum of 1200 words. (but can be more in some case).
- Images should be used where necessary with citation (if not a free image)
- Use subheadings and each subheading should not contain more than than 300 words.
- Use the keyword in the first paragraph of the article and use it in the body as you’re writing.
- Write in short paragraphs and to the point.
- All articles are review before publication.
- Once your article is published on our blog you can’t re-published the same article elsewhere.
Terms & Conditions
- All articles topics to write will be given to you if hired.
- There’s no minimum article you can write per day (you can ask for a new topic when done).
- All articles will be reviewed before being published on this blog.
- Your article must be Educative.
- Write only 100% original content and plagiarism free.
- Use images and lists where necessary.
You’ll be paid N500 per article, paid monthly when you’ve reached a total of at least N5,000 (your payment threshold).
Payment is made directly to your Nigerian Bank account on the 30th of every month.
If your payment threshold is not reached for that month, your earning will be transferred to the next month.
Note: You only need 10 articles per month to reach your payment threshold and you can write more than that, there is no crime.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the experience before I can write for Thingstoknow.com.ng?
Basically, you only need good writing skills to write for us. There are no technical skills required.
What’s device is needed for this work?
You need to own a laptop or have an access to one before we can hire you.
Another most important thing is that you’ll need a modem or hotspot your phone data so you can gain access to the internet.
I have a Smartphone, Can’t I use that to work?
We appreciate your interest in writing for us but unfortunately, you cannot work with a smartphone alone.
You can use your smartphone to do the research and writing but you’ll definitely need a Laptop to submit it to us for review.
Where is the company office located?
Our registered office is in Uyo. Nigeria.
But you wouldn’t need to visit the office to write for us. Our work is 100% remotely.
You can work anywhere and at anytime.
How will I get interact with the boss on my work or other staffs?
We use slack to manage all our remote work, which means all employees are working remotely.
How will I be Paid?
As we said before, when you reached your payment threshold, We will ask you for your personal Nigerian bank account details.
This will be use to forward your payment to you on the 30th of every month
The Payment threshold is calculated from the 1st of every month to the 29th of that same month.
For example: The money you make from 1st to 29th of June will be paid on 30th of June.
Can I trust the company that I will be paid?
We give you all our words for that. We are part of a registered company in Nigeria.
That means that ThingsToKnow.com.ng is know as “ThingsToKnow Media Publishing” operated under “Solorosco Web Service Solutions” as one of the company brand.
Solorosco Web Service Solutions is a registered business name with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC).
The founder/CEO of the company is Solomon George – here his personal website.
At the same time, you can confirm our registered number (BN-2741177) on the official CAC website here.
How to Apply as a Writers.
To submit your application to us as a writer, you’re to fill all the required information in the form below.
You also need to submit a written article on any topic of your choice but related to your preferred blog categories.
We use all the guidelines provided before to determine whether it’s acceptable or not.
So start your application.
If you’ve any question then ask us in the comment box below and let see how we can help each other.
Hope to have you with our team soon.