Most Visited Websites in Nigeria and Their Owners
Don’t know which website are the most visited website in Nigeria.
However, we will inform you about the top 10 most visited websites in Nigeria.
Besides, we will not stop in listing the top most visited websites in Nigeria.
But also tell you who owns the website either it is own by an organization or an individual.
Moreover, you will agree that the internet is now one of the trending stuff in Nigeria.
Especially when you want to find information or seek for an assistant to do something very fast.
However, have you ever wonder one day.
If the internet was not existing, how will this world have looked like?
I know am not the only one that thinks of this, especially if you make money from the internet.
However, Nigerians internet providers such as MTN, Airtel, Glo, 9Mobile, and others make it easy to access the internet with free data, free-mode, low data price, and more.
With this, Nigeria has the top chart among the 10 Countries that use more internet.
Actually, Nigeria is the sixth country on the list.
Besides, let look at the top 10 most visited websites in Nigeria and who actually own those websites.
There should be no doubt that Google is the most visited website in Nigeria with over 77 Billion monthly unique visitors.
Google is a search engine that helps you provide information across all the websites in the world.
- Monthly Visitors: 77 Billion
- Founded date: 4 September 1998
- Founders: Larry Page, Sergey Brin
- Company: Alphabet Inc.
No wonder everybody in Nigeria talks about Facebook.
Facebook is a Social media platform that was built to connect friends, families, and lovers together.
The social media website has grown to the level of having over 25 Billion monthly users across the world.
- Monthly Visitors: 25 Billion
- Founded date: February 2004
- Founders: Mark Zuckerberg, Andrew McCollum, Eduardo Saverin, Dustin Moskovitz, Chris Hughes
- Company: Facebook Inc.
Bet9ja is an online bookmaker company that offers a bet on major sporting events operating in Nigeria.
- Monthly Visitors: 80 Million
- Founded Date: 10 September 2013
- Founders: Kunle Soname, Ayo Ojuroye
- Company: KC Gaming Networks Limited
YouTube is a video-sharing and streaming website headquartered in California.
However, the website was created by former PayPal employees which are Chad Hurley, Steve Chen, and Jawed Karim.
Moreover, Google bought the company in November 2006 for US$1.65 billion; and YouTube now operates as one of Google’s subsidiaries.
- Monthly Visitors: 30 billion
- Founded Date: 14 February 2005
- Founders: Chad Hurley, Steve Chen, and Jawed Karim
- Company: Google, LLC
XVideos is a pornographic video sharing and viewing website.
The website is registered to the Czech company WGCZ Holding.
As of January 1, 2021, it was the 5th most visited website in Nigeria.
- Monthly Visitors: 3 Billion
- Founded Date: March 1, 2007
- Owner: WGCZ Holding
This website ranked as the 6th most visited website in Nigeria.
However, the website is created as an online forum by Seun Osewa to target Nigerians as a way of discussion and socialization.
Besides, the website was also nominated for the Website/blog merit wards in Nigeria.
- Monthly Visitors: 30 Million
- Founded Date: March 2005
- Owner: Seun Osewa
This is another porn and naughty video-sharing website own by Andre Leo Howard.
The website is also operated in the United State with over 2.5 billion users every month.
- Monthly Visitors: 3 billion
- Founded Date: September 9, 2001
- Owners: Andre Leo Howard
Jumia is one of the most visiting websites in Nigeria.
However, the site is an online retailer site that connects customers with sellers in Africa.
Moreover, the website also has other subsidiaries like Jumia Food, Jumia Flight, Jumia drink, Jumia Prime, and others.
- Monthly Visitors: 19 million
- Founded Date: June 2012
- Founders: Sacha Poignonnec, Tunde Kehinde, Raphael Kofi Afaedor
- Owner: Rocket Internet, LLC
Still on the online sports betting website.
However, BetKing is also a top rank betting site in Nigeria owned by Jay-Jay Okocha and co-founded by Adekunle Adeniji.
- Monthly Visitors: 18 Million
- Founded Date: 2017
- Founders: Jay-Jay Okocha, Adekunle Adeniji
- Owner: SV Gaming Limited
Instagram is an American photo and video-sharing social networking service owned by Facebook, Inc.
It was created by Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger and launched in October 2010 exclusively on iOS.
- Monthly Visitors: 4 billion
- Founded Date: 6 October 2010
- Founders: Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger
- Owner: Facebook Inc.
Twitter is a microblogging and social media networking on which users post and interact with messages known as “tweets”.
Tweets were originally restricted to 140 personalities.
But on November 7, 2017, this limit was doubled to 280 for all languages except Chinese, Japanese, and Korean.
- Monthly Visitors: 4 billion
- Founded Date: 21 March 2006
- Founders: Jack Dorsey, Noah Glass, Evan Williams, Biz Stone
- Owner: Jack Patrick Dorsey
We hope this listed website has given you an inside into the most visited websites in Nigeria and their owners.
However, this list is updated frequently and at the time you are reading they might be a change in the list.
Moreover, this article was originally written in December 2020.