The Nigerian Jollof Rice is one of the Nigerian most preferred meals, especially at events and occasions.
However, to prepare this Nigerian jollof rice recipe is as simple as, only when you follow these simple steps I am about to teach you.
Moreover, they are so many types of Jollof rice but first of all, let me inform you about what is jollof rice?
What is Jollof Rice?
Jollof Rice is a classic rice dish prepared in a flavorful tomato-based food
However, its several nearby variations in call and substances.
There’s NO absolute proper or wrong way of preparing this famous African rice recipe called Jollof Rice.
Here is the various type of Jollof Rice that is prepared in a Nigerian recipe.
- Beef Mince
- Smoky Party without Firewood
- Mixed Vegetable
- With Beans
Jollof rice ingredients
Here are the Jollof rice ingredients that you can start preparing right now for that your mouth-watering meal.
- Long grain parboiled rice (quantity is determined by you)
- Tomato stew
- Animal meat (Chicken, Fish, Goat meat, or Cow meat)
- Onions (medium size)
- Cooking oil
- Vegetables: like peas and carrots (optional)
- Pepper (bonnet pepper or hot pepper)
- Seasoning (Knorr or Maggi cubes)
- Curry powder
I just need to say that Jollof rice is amazing for entertaining, especially when you have choosy kids.
They usually cross for it.
It is truthful to mention, this delicious rice dish is fairly easy to make anywhere due to the fact the ingredients are easy to locate.
Check Out: Prices of Foodstuffs in Nigeria
How to Prepare the Nigerian Jollof Rice
To Prepare the Nigerian Jollof Rice recipe.
You first need to choose either to cook it on the oven, stovetop, or firewood.
Anyone that may imply your decision.
We will try as much as possible to guide you through the steps to achieving your sweet meal.
But first, we will be showing how you can cook this recipe on the stovetop and later migrate to the oven steps.
How to cook the Jollof Rice on Stovetop?
- Pour the meat and the tomato stew right into a massive pot and go away to boil.
- Add the drained parboiled rice, curry powder, salt, and pepper to taste.
Note: The water level ought to be the same degree of rice.
This is to make sure that each one the water dries up by the point the rice is cooked.
- Cover the pot and go away to prepare dinner on low to medium heat. This manner the rice does no longer burn earlier than the water dries up.
If you parboiled the rice as defined at parboiling rice for cooking.
The rice should be ready to be served by the point the water is dry.
Taste to affirm.
If no longer, you may need to add greater water and decrease the heat to save your food from burning.
Keep cooking until it is ready to be served.
You can boost this recipe by way of adding 2 widely known veggies to reach what we check with as Mixed Vegetables Jollof Rice.
However, the only disadvantage of using the stovetop in cooking this delicious meal is that it’s related to lots of stirring and every so often, the rice might keep on with the pot making the dish quite unappetizing.
How to cook the Jollof Rice in the oven (Baked Method)?
Here are the steps by steps guides on cooking the Jollof rice on the oven (baked method):
- Preheat oven to 350 levels F.
- Rinse the rice and put it inside the water in a half sheet baking pan (not parboiled rice).
- In a 1/2 sheet pan (12-thirteen/sixteen” l. X 10-7/sixteen” w. X 2-half of”) integrate all elements and stir in order that the entirety is completely combined.
- Cover the baking pan tightly with aluminum foil paper and you can double it if you could, this will allows the preparation to be faster than you think.
Gently area in the oven and permit it to prepare dinner for about 70-80 mins.
Carefully get rid of from the oven and check after 70 mins.
Remove carefully from the oven and let it relax for approximately five minutes.
Then carefully cast off the aluminum paper.
Fluff rice with a fork, thrown in your upload-ins and blend evenly.
The nutrition benefits
Perhaps, the jollof rice contains a certain amount of nutrition benefits and imposed improvement on your health.
You might not be aware.
So let me inform you about some general nutrition benefits;
- Sodium 1443mg
- Potassium 642mg
- Carbohydrates 80g
- Fat 22g
- Protein 10g
- Vitamin A 5685IU
- Vitamin C 19.9mg
- Calcium 69mg
- Iron 3.1mg
You can as well learn more about the health benefit and how important it is to your body system.
We believe that this article was helpful to you.
However, what is your own way of cooking Jollof rice?
Which of these methods will you use?
We will like to hear your own opinion by commenting below.
Sharing is caring!
Consider sharing this piece of knowledgeable article with your friends on social media by using the share button below.
Check Out: How To Make Zobo Drink in 30 Minutes?